Friday, June 1, 2018

Light Enough

Everything around me keeps falling through
It’s like the universe is laughing at me
Testing me to see if I am ready for my next level
Tempting me again to flee.

I’m standing at this precipice
With my arms opened so wide
Crying, reaching, grasping for more love
To fill a gaping hole left inside.

Nothing is wrong at reaching for more love
Especially when you can share it with another
I’m carefully crafting my life to ensure
I also remain a good mother.

My life is so different
Than what I thought it was going to be
I was supposed to live in Holland
But a free pass for Paris came to me.

And when I say free, I paid,
I paid with the tears I continue to randomly cry
But hey, freedom is freedom, right?
But what if I’m not light enough yet to fly?




No comments:

Post a Comment