Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Grumble grumble... Lol

One thing I will never understand is the need for someone to take my issues as a personal attack on them... If I say I don't like something, it means that I don't like it. I shouldn't have to argue why I don't like it... I should just be allowed not to like it...

For example... I hate the Renaissance Festival... There are too many people and I'm an empathic introvert, so it is overwhelming. I get disoriented easily and it invariably turns into a game of Where's Waldo, but instead of looking for a man in a bright white and red striped shirt, I am looking for people that are dressed like everyone else... I felt like I would turn and then Daddy would disappear and even though I knew he was close, I just didn't like it... And did I mention how fucking useless the map is?!

Apparently, me having those feelings was a valid enough reason to get pissed at me because I'm not allowed to not like something for that reason. Apparently, me sharing these feelings meant I was lecturing Him about disappearing. All I said is that I didn't like feeling like I was losing everyone at the Faire and that's why I don't like it...

No comments:

Post a Comment