Sunday, November 4, 2018

Low

Everything in life seems perfect. Looking at my life, so many of my plans and goals have been fulfilled. I am on a meandering path to those next big things... like a new house... and everything is working out for me... for us...

So why would do I feel so low... I mean, let’s face it... it could be that my new emotional set point is so low because it has only been 3 years since he died... since I was robbed of a huge future that I had been planning... planning on... and all my plans since then have had no life and no flavor to them. I am hurting... always hurting on the layer just beneath the surface. Tears seeping out of my eyes during yoga or while someone talks about the Endocrine System in a consultation...  I’m sure that’s a part of it.

This deep depression is seeping into my bones... I’m drawing inward and becoming a bit of a recluse again. I think my nature is to burrow inward... into my self... into my space... into my home. I need to heal... but do you ever heal from the loss of a child, when you are reminded every day that the future you planned for is gone. It can NEVER happen. It will NEVER be... so what is the point... why dream?

No comments:

Post a Comment