Friday, November 30, 2018

Marble Jar

Once trust is lost, and the marble jar has been shattered, it is so hard to put the pieces together again... it is a painstaking process of slowly picking up broken shards of glass to connect them again to make a jar... along the journey, finger slices and additional slips can make it even harder to piece back together, but if you are stubborn and persistent, I have found that it can be done...

So what happens when you are inches away from placing that last piece in, bandaids on all your fingers, blood dripping down the sides of the jar, and that same asshole comes and pushes the jar off the table again? Do you get back on the floor and start piecing the jar together again? Or do you sweep it into the dustpan to protect your hands and dump the whole shit show into the trash?

I think you all know my thoughts on this... I think next time, I won’t get down on the floor and try to put the jar together... next time, I’ll throw it away the first time it breaks. I’m too old and too tired for this shit!

No comments:

Post a Comment